Finding the best cheap laptops under $300 is not an easy task given the fact that most of the very good laptops are usually priced much higher. The fact is that most of the laptops under $300 are not suitable for aggressive heavy graphics gaming, therefore, it is advisable to buy a laptop with better specification if you would be mostly engaged in high intensive gaming. We have, however, found a few which we have tested a and have proven to comfortably support medium level gaming and provide the best experience possible in this category.
If you want a PC that can make work easier for you in the office, or in college, the best we have found is the Lenovo IdeaPad 100 15.6 inch Laptop. It is slim, light and handles multiple windows, files, and documents quite well. If you’re even more interested in longer battery life, look no further than the Acer Chromebook 15 CB5- 571- CIDZ which is the best at this range of price, as it goes a whopping 9 hours on battery.
For gamers, you can get the best gaming experience for a laptop below $300 with the famous ASUS C100PA-DB02 10.1″ touch Chromebook flip. With this, you can never go wrong. Not only does it have an incredible range of motion but its graphics display and processor is great for laptops in this price range and you also get a great touch-screen experience which can come in handy with a wide selection of great games.
Why You Should Trust Us
We pride ourselves in delivering quality reviews after hours of painstaking study, meticulous questioning, and in-depth testing.
And when we are talking about a budget of $300 dollars or lower, it demands even more careful attention to look through the deluge of products in the market, cut through the fanciful marketing each manufacturer invests into their laptops, and really delve into what the laptops have to offer to the everyday user.
We have asked questions, followed user reviews and also checked out these laptops ourselves, and we can assure you that these PCs are the best you can get in the market right now, for a budget of $300 or less.
Here the options for the best laptops under $300 for you to consider:
Best Cheap Laptops for Gaming, Work and College Students Under $300
best Laptops for Under $300 - Table of Contents
Lenovo IdeaPad 100 15.6 inch Laptop
Lenovo IdeaPad 100 15.6 inch Laptop is a 5th generation slim and highly designed Intel Core 2.1GHz processor laptop that is just great. This makes it ideal for gaming, office use, school work, movies, and music because of it’s large storage capacity.
The storage facility offers room for digital photos, music videos and much more. In addition, it has McAfee Internet security that helps you secure your identity and data. Added to all its beauty is the fact that you can go for as long as 5 hours without having to recharge it.
- Intel Core processor 15-5200U with pentium processor speed of 2.1GHz.
- Latest windows update
- Hard disk drive of 500GB.
- 4GB RAM
- 2GB memory.
- An audio of 1× 1.5W speaker.
- 5hrs battery life.
- It has a weight of 2.3kg
- It is really affordable.
- Is sturdy.
- Has really good graphics display and visuals.
- Sound quality is not the best but you may use one of these external PC speakers or earbuds for optimized sound output.
Apart from office use, gamers, or college students, this laptop is also suitable for travelers and those with a deep-seated desire for adventure. This is due to its battery life which lasts for over 5 hours. This ensures that you are on-the-go with your work projects and that all due deadlines are met.
HP 14″ Chromebook Laptop
This is a unique class of laptop that is designed mostly for web based duties. With a 14-inch screen and a light weight thin design, chrome books are, however, made with limited internal capacity drives. With the help of these drives, you can save your work and documents to Google drives, which even makes your work more secure.
It is ideal for school work, office work and casual gaming, although, it is a poor choice for pro-gamers.
- Intel Core Celeron 2955U 1.4GHz
- 14.0 inch screen
- Ram of 2GB DDR3L
- Intelligent HD graphics
- Chrome operating system
- 1 3.0 USB port
- Two 2.0 USB port
- 4.2 pounds in weight
- 6 hours of battery life
- It is quite affordable.
- Has good quality visuals and a strong audio system.
- It allows multi-tasking which is enabled by a 16GB eMMC drive.
- Comes in several interesting colours.
- It gets a bit slow when running on a lot of software programs at the same time because of it’s lower RAM capacity, however, this can easily be upgraded.
Acer Chromebook 15 CB5- 571- C1DZ Laptop
This is a 15.6 inch excellent 1080p IPS display laptop that is relatively affordable. It comes in a large size and weight which happens to be a turn-off to many since it makes it less portable.
The laptop has a 5th generation Celeron dual-core 3205U 1.5Ghz processor which makes it more efficient and ideal for both office work and school work.
- Intel HD graphics
- 16gb solid state drive
- 15.6 inch full HD IPS screen
- It can open and edit MS office files and documents using free quick office editor or Google documents.
- 9 hour battery life
- 4.8 pounds in weight
- 1080p IPS display with 1366 × 768 pixel resolution display
- It has a really long battery life
- It has great performance
- Very budget friendly
- Its large size and weight make it less portable.
This laptop can be used by college students since it is compatible with different applications, including Statistical Packages, Architectural packages, and many peripherals mostly used by students. It can also perform video playbacks and other similar tasks like casual gaming. It offers exceptional work output for those desiring to analyze large field data and generates good graphical features.
DELL i3552 – 3240BLK 15.6″ HD Laptop
It is a 15.6″ HD laptop with an Intel Pentium N3700 1.6GHz processor. It is a light-weight, versatile and well-designed laptop that you can carry anywhere without losing space.
Dell i3552 is perfect for those who want technology and features that you can’t outgrow, it is also ideal for multi-users where there is constant checking of emails, internet browsing, daily simple tasks and watching HD movies.
- Intelligent HD graphics
- Latest Windows 10 operating system
- 500GB hard drive with 5400 rpm
- 4 GB RAM
- 3 in 1 media card reader
- 1 3.0 USB port
- 802.11/b/g/n wifi connectivity
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity
- Audio Jack
- 7 hours battery life
- SD card reader slot
- Good sound quality that is loud and clear.
- It is light weight, this makes it more portable.
- Long battery life.
- Good connection features.
- Cannot be upgraded
- It has no type – C USB
Its performance and lightness is every ones’ dream. It is a perfect assemblage of unique chips which is the epitome of good technological advancement. Its high resolution power and apt processor makes work and school life a worthy venture. Its connectivity to the internet is superbly fast which will let you finish your tasks without boredom.
ASUS C100PA-DB02 10.1″ Touchscreen Chromebook Laptop
This is an excellent performance 10.1 inch screen laptop, great for gaming, lightweight and very pocket friendly.
ASUS C100PA-DB02 10.1″ touch Chromebook flip has a convertible and versatile design which is of good quality. However, it has a smaller keyboard which some people may not like, but ultimately, the pros outweigh the Cons.
It is great for gaming, office and school work due to its quad core 1.8GHz processor which allows you to get work done efficiently.
- It has a quad-core 1.8GHz processor and a Rockchip 3288-C
- It has a Ram of 4GB DDR3
- 10.1 inch LED lit screen
- Chrome Operating system
- 16GB eMMC storage
- 802.11 A/C wireless connection
- 6 hours average battery life
- 2 pounds in weight
- It is light weight and as such, very portable.
- Has a versatile design.
- Good battery power.
- It has a smaller cramped keyboard as compared to other chrome books.
These laptops are both user and pocket friendly. They portray an array of insurmountable benefits ranging from unique features, portability, and on-the-go specifications. Be rest assured, these are the best you can get today under $300.
Thank you for reading!
- Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards, Notebookcheck, July 26, 2016
- Joel Hruska, How much RAM do you need, should you upgrade it, and will it speed up your PC?, ExtremeTech, February 5, 2016
- Chris Hoffman, How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10, the Easy Way, How-To Geek, January 13, 2016