Ever since the release of its first series, the Grand Theft Auto in 1997 and its remarkable commercial success thereafter, GTA, as it is commonly referred to, has grown to become one of the top video games that make a lot of buzz in the build-up to its release date. Gamers go frantic asking questions about its characters, map and generally just about anything that can give an insight into what the soon-to-be-released game will place in their hands. At times like this, news and rumors, no matter how unlikely the later might be are highly valued notwithstanding the source. In our and your own time, such attention has been shifted to GTA 6 the newest of the Rockstar game series coming after the highly successful GTA Auto V which was released in the year 2013.
Being that the series has never been known to be a flop, Rockstar Games has over the years developed a culture of making a massive investment in the research and development of any of its games, such that once it launches it will be the talk of the
town world for years to come till a sequel is made. Just to inform you, GTA Auto 5 has sold over 90 million units with more than $6 billion in revenue. This according to reports is the highest amount made by any single media work in history, so you should expect the worst thing in GTA 6 (if any), to be the best in GTA Auto 5.
GTA 6 Release Date – When is it coming out?
GTA 6 will probably be released any date after 2018 and most likely 2019 too. No official date has been communicated about the release of the highly anticipated game, at best what you will see are hoax dates, but going by some analysis of what is happening in Rockstar Games, a few intelligent guesses can be made which leaves us with a probable date to expect the release of the game.
- First, Red Dead Redemption 2 is set to launch on 26 October 2018. Rockstar has never been known to launch its games in successions ever since they started. An exception though is Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (2005) and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (2006) which were jointly developed by Rockstar Leeds. Going by the huge success they have been recording and a huge dominance in the video game market, they would like to space out the release dates of their games.
- In line with this, Rockstar Games officially debunked a pop up advert GTA Online players were seeing (informing them about the release date of GTA 6) to be a fabrication of the mods and not an official announcement from the company.
- With the online version of Red Dead Redemption 2 rumored to be as good as GTA Online, Rockstar will probably put in a whole lot of time to ready this, leaving little or no time for GTA 6.
- In the past, GTA Online came out three years before Dead Redemption 2 was released, it will probably be a good guess if we say GTA 6 will be released three years after Dead Redemption 2 which might likely be in the year 2022. Effectively it will also mean that GTA 6 might be coming nine years after GTA Auto 5. How likely? Let’s watch and see.
Rockstar Games has been known to be secretive about what they do in the development of their games as they only let the public in when they want and for which purpose they want. Probably this is a marketing strategy for them to set the internet ablaze whenever they release their game trailers which often comes a few days before the release date of any of their games.
No official trailer has been released for GTA 6 and going by the look of things, we will probably not see any till towards the release date of the game, but when we do see one, expect it to worth the wait.
The beauty of the GTA series lies in its maps where players cruise through virtual but almost real-life cities in the game, completing one mission or just going about being the typical GTA gangster. GTA 6 will in no small way deliver an immersive visual experience to players as its map is highly anticipated to be the best in the series so far.
The map is expected to be massive and massive will it be. It will be as wide as the whole of US, including cities like New York, Miami, Los Angles, even Vice City from the 2002 game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and some parts of South America and London. This would be in line with Rockstar President Leslie Benzies’ vision of having all the cities of the game combined in one big world so players can easily fly to their favorite places in the cities. Going by this, GTA 6 will probably be a peek into the future of the series.
Who would be the Main Characters?
Throughout its series, GTA has been known to favor male protagonist over women who majorly appear in strip clubs (for the younger ones) and/or older women on the streets going about their virtual lives. There has not been a female lead role in the GTA series to which few years ago people began asking questions on the reason behind it.
In a 2013 interview Rockstar co-founder and lead writer, Dan Houser had with Guardian he clarified the reason for the exclusion being that the games they have had and the themes surrounding them have not really warranted having a female in a lead role. He further disclosed then that a female character didn’t fit naturally for GTA Auto 5 but for the right game in the future they will consider it.
Depending on when that future will be, whether or not it will be GTA 6, we can only wait to see or perhaps be still left with the familiar male characters we have seen over the years.
What are the Latest News and Rumours?
- Virtual Reality – rumors of a possibility of playing the whole game in VR is rife. Considering the current technological capacity of VR, this might not be impossible to achieve since we still have a couple of years to wait for GTA 6.
- Different Characters – another rumor about the game is the option of playing either as a cop or criminal. This was featured in GTA Auto 5 and was loved by players. So having a similar thing in the follow-up game could add another interesting twist to the new game.
- Game Engine – The game is expected to be powered by a thoroughly tweaked version of Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), which is similar to what was used in Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Platforms – The game is expected to be made available on Nintendo Switch version, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 consoles while PC gamers would have to exercise some patience before it comes to them in a PC version.