Amazon Registry is probably the biggest of registries whether you are thinking of marriage, expecting a baby, or whatever it may be. Traditionally, registries are always associated with big offline stores but then, times have changed, the internet has taken over, and Amazon is now the one with the broad shoulders for things like this.
The good thing with registering for wedding, birth or some other things is that it takes off the burden that comes with having to go and pick up the different things that you will need. With Amazon, advantages include the large inventory selection you get, good return policy, and convenience.
Amazon Wedding and Bridal Registry
Amazon wedding registry is one of the biggest both online and offline with a lot of items that you may not have thought you needed. The products you get, cover everything from your kitchen to your bedroom.
To create your marriage registry, the first thing you want to do is to log into your Amazon account. If you do not have one, it is important that you create one. After that, here are the steps to take:
- Log into your account and go to the Amazon wedding registry page here
- Click on Create Your Registry
- Fill in your personal information
- Put in the information on your wedding, the date, and location.
- You can set up other settings including group gifting and then submit it.
While everything else is great with the marriage registry, the only problem that some may find with it is that like most thing you buy online, you will not get to view your gift before buying it. This, however, is taken care of by the return policy you get.
Amazon Baby Registry
Having a baby registry is something that is very important for anyone expecting a baby. Somehow, Amazon offers one of the best because it helps you to keep track of all the things you may want and get them, and also let those close to you know the exact things you may want including the brand and model. What makes it even better is that most people already have Amazon accounts so it will be easy for mothers to set the registry and get most people close to them to find it.
One of the main reasons why many people would prefer going with this registry is that it makes it easy to get anything you want to buy even if it is not on Amazon. Thanks to the Universal Registry that it offers which makes it possible for you to add anything from other sites to your items. All you have to do is to install the button and you are good to go!
You can also find a good bargain on the registry if you can look for the best deals available. There is also completion discount on products you buy either less than 60 days before you are due or 180 days after. The discount is $10 or $15 for Prime members.
For any gift that you do not like, you can take advantage of the 90-day return policy and have it sent back. It gets interesting to realize that you will be credited for the gift and the person who gave the gift will not find out.
How to Create Amazon Baby Registry
- The first thing to do is to go to the Amazon Baby Registry page which you will find here
- Click on the Get Started button
- Fill in the necessary information in the next page
- For family and friends to find you easily, you will want to fill out the Add a Co-Registrant with a name that if they search they will find the registry.
- When you are done with the steps, click on Create Baby Registry.
Now, you can go ahead and add products that you want either from the Amazon’s Registry Checklist or you can look for products to add individually. The Baby Registry Checklist comes with various categories from which you can pick the products you need. Apart from this, there is also the Amazon Welcome Box which is given to Prime Members who register and make purchases of more than $10 from the checklist.
How to Find A Registry
After the creation of either a wedding, gift, or baby registry, friends and family members or anyone else will be able to find it only 15 minutes after it has been created.
Here are the steps to find a wedding registry:
- Go to the Amazon Wedding Registry page.
- Put in the last name of either the bride to be or groom and then search it.
- At the left side of the page, you can select to search based on Location (state) and date (month and year).
- Click on Search for a registry.
- From the list made available, check to see if the couple is there and select it when it comes up.
Here are the steps to find a baby registry
For the baby registry, it will become visible to friends and family who may want to search for it from an hour to six hours after it has been created. To find it:
- Go to the Baby Registry search page
- On the left side of the page, you will see the Find a Baby Registry. You can either enter in the registrant’s name or email to be more specific.
- Enter the city, state, and arrival month and year if you have those.
- Click on the Search button.
- The registry should appear, but if it does not, it could be because it was just created. Give it some time and try again.
On the Registry, there is the option of adding Group Gifting which is a feature that allows family and friends to contribute together towards getting items of high value.
For baby gifts, after you must have found the registry, you can find the items available and select what you want and add them to cart. If the Add to Cart option is not there, it means the product is from another online store and it is the Universal Registry that is used. To get such an item, click on Shop on Website and after purchasing the product, return to Amazon to mark it as Purchased.
- From here, click on Proceed to Checkout after you are done shopping.
- You can either select the default Gift Registry Address or put in another address.
- If you mark the order as a gift, the price will not show on the packing slip.
Amazon Brand Registry
Amazon also has a brand registry which makes it possible for brands to represent themselves. and prevent violations among other things. Before a brand can register, there are some eligibility requirements that must be met such as having an active registered trademark in the countries that you want to enroll.
With that, one can go on to create the registry for free.
There are some information to be provided during the enrollment process:
- The name of the brand which has the active registered trademark.
- A government-registered trademark number associated with the account.
- The categories of your products
- Manufacturing and distributing countries (where the products are manufactured and distributed).