Whether you make cash donations, devote your time, or take part in charitable events, you probably show support to an organization that helps and rescues people who are in need in one way or another. If you love shopping and searching for an automatic and simple way to keep showing support to a charity you love so much, then you should consider switching to Amazon Smile via smile.amazon.com.
Amazon Smile is a shopping initiative every has helped thousands of charities and nonprofit organizations. This initiative is designed in a way that a percentage of whatever a customer buys goes to a charity of their choice. Interestingly, shoppers on amazon smile enjoy the same experience as those who shop on Amazon.com. They also benefit from the same low prices, convenient shopping experience, and vast selection.
There are tens of millions of products on Amazon Smile that are qualified for charitable donations. These products usually carry the inscription “Eligible for Amazon Smile donation” on their product detail pages and the foundation only donates 0.5% of shoppers’ purchase price to their preferred charity.
What Is Amazon Smile?
It is the sister site of Amazon.com, where users shop and 0.5 percent of their eligible purchases will be donated to the charity of their choice. Launched in 2013, AmazonSmile is one platform that allows frequent Amazon users to give back to their preferred charities effortlessly. As of February 2018, it has donated over $80 million to charities and has supported almost one million registered charities. Like Amazon’s main site, the fast-growing website also allows consumers to easily shop and browse items and even take advantage of sales, Prime membership benefits and more. The platform boasts over 100 million users monthly, making it the biggest of its kind.
Registration On Amazon Smile
If you are new on AmazonSmile and you want to join the platform, you don’t need to create a new account – that is, if you have an existing account on the Amazon main site. But if you don’t have an account with Amazon, still go to smile.amazon.com, click on the “Create an account” link and enter the necessary details. You will be notified once your registration is successful.
Now that you have successfully registered on AmazonSmile,
1. Go to the search bar and type “Services”.
2. Select “Senior Community Services”
3. You will see a message asking you if you understand that you must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Senior Community Services. Check “Yes”.
4. Finally, click “Start Shopping”
5. You are now signed up and all 0.5% of the purchase price of your purchases through https://smile.amazon.com will be donated to Senior Community Services.
Note: Do not forget to log into AmazonSmile (not Amazon.com) whenever you are making purchases.
How To sign in
1. Visit the link smile.amazon.com
2. Enter your email address and Amazon password.
3. Click on the sign in button below. If you’ve forgotten or lost your password, click on the link “Forgot Your Password” and follow the instructions to reset your password.
How Does It Work?
This is one important question shoppers often ask whenever they come across AmazonSmile. It takes little or nothing to start utilizing the initiative and this explains why people enjoy patronizing it.
To start using AmazonSmile, first, you need an Amazon account. On your first visit to the charity site, you are expected to log in to AmazonSmile with it. Once you are logged in, you’ll be prompted to select your favorite charity. During subsequent visits to the site, your favorite site will be called up and AmazonSmile will then apply eligible purchases to your total contribution.
Keep In Mind:
1. If you want to change your charity, simply log into AmazonSmile and click “Accounts & Lists”. Move down to “Your AmazonSmile” and select “Change charity” from there. You can find it on the top right of the page, under “Your current charity”.
2. You are not allowed to contribute to more than one organization at a time. But you can alternate between organizations or simply choose a different one.
3. Donations on AmazonSmile are not applied to purchases made on your mobile app or the Amazon.com main site.
4. AmazonSmile will push your accrued donations to a registered organization after eight quarter if your favorite charity is not registered on the site. It is very important that you find out if your preferred charity is registered or not before selecting them on the site. To do this, you can reach out to them on their social media pages or via email.
5. Not every item qualifies for AmazonSmile contributions. The foundation only donates 0.5% of the purchase price (which is the amount paid for an item excluding shipping & handling, rebates, and gift-wrapping taxes, fees, or service charges) from shoppers’ eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
6. “Subscribe and Save” purchases are not eligible on the site. Also, returned items do not count towards the donation amount.
7. Your charity can be eliminated for eligibility if they violate the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement or Changes in standing with the IRS.
8. The website is not in any way designed to replace personal, cash or goods donation, rather it provides consumers with an opportunity to show love to any charity of their choice while going about their daily businesses.
9. Donations made by the foundation are not tax deductible by the user. To become eligible for tax deductions, you must donate property or cash yourself.
How to shop on AmazonSmile
- Visit smile.amazon.com.
- Sign in with your Amazon.com username and password.
- Browse for your favorite charity or search for the charity of your choice on the page.
- Once you see it, select it.
- Start shopping.
More Questions and Answers About AmazonSmile
1. How Does AmazonSmile Send Donations To Charities?
Answer: Upon placing an order, the foundation immediately applies the donation amount and moves it in the fund for each organization. AmazonSmile would then send the donation funds across using the electronic fund transfer at each quarter. At least, organizations receive the funds when the amount reaches a minimum threshold or approximately forty-five days after the last quarter ends.
Can I Use Amazon Smile On My Amazon App?
Answer: No, you cannot use it with the Amazon app on mobile. Nevertheless, you can create a shortcut to its website, which may give you a near similar experience to the app.