Net 10 is a prepaid wireless phone service provider that has come to be the choice of many internet and phone users because of the convenience it comes with. With the service provider, you do not need any contract, credit, monthly bills, or any form of activation fee to get started.
The service provider offers a wide range of services including calling services, data, text messages, and hotspot among other things.
Net10 Internet Data And Phone Plans
The prepaid wireless phone service has various internet data and phone plans without requiring any form of contract. Being one of the cheapest data plans available, here are the packages:
Monthly Plans for smartphones
- 2GB Plan: For budget data users, this plan costs $35. It gives you unlimited talk and text as well as the data which can be used for social media, streaming, and general surfing.
- 4GB Plan: AT $40 this package is designed for essential data users and it comes with a 2G speed with an unlimited national talk.
- 8GB Plan: For preferred data users, this is plan costs $50 and it also comes with a speed of 2G and an unlimited nationwide call.
- 10GB Plan: for $60, this also offers unlimited national calls and 2G speed.
- Preferred Data User International: Although this only gives 8GB for $65, it gives unlimited international calls and the speed is 2G.
There is also the add-on plans that give you:
- 500MB add-on plan: At $5, you will get this plan which begins after all your active plan data has finished and a carryover of data is allowed.
- 1GB add-on plan: With this, you pay $10 and after your active plan is out, you will be able to use this. It also has a carryover feature.
- Global calling card: The plan costs $10. It allows for Pay As You Go call tarrif and also has the carryover feature.
Pay As You Go Plans
The packages under this plan make it easy for you to only be charged for what you use. This means that you will only pay for what you need, hence you get to choose your Minutes and Service Days. The plan is divided into the plan that has the carryover benefit and the one that doesn’t.
Pay-As-You-Go Plans With Carryover Benefits
- 200 Minutes: At $20, you get this package that you use for 30 days. If you still have minutes left after 30 days, it will be moved to the next month.
- 300 Minutes: This is a 60 days package that you get for $30. This also has the carryover benefit like all others in this plan.
- 600 Minutes: Also a 60-day package, this costs $45.
- 900 Minutes: More than all others before this, it is a package for 90 days and it costs $60
- 1500 Minutes: You will get this package for 180 days at the cost of $100.
No Carryover Pay-As-You-Go Plan
- 1000 Minutes: This is a single package that at $25, gives you 1000 minutes for 30 days. The thing with the plan, however, is that if you fail to make use of it before the end of your cycle of 30 days, it cannot be carried over to the next month after a new subscription.
Home Phone Plan
With the Home Phone Plan, Net 10 allows subscribers to make all the calls they want with either the national unlimited subscription or the unlimited international subscription that both have a 30-day validity.
- Unlimited Nationwide Plan: This plan costs $17.99 and it gives unlimited nationwide calling.
- Unlimited International Plan: Costing $34.99, this package gives unlimited nationwide and international calling.
Mobile Hotspot Plans
This offers hotspot services for your mobile needs. Here are the packages:
- 500MB: It costs $10 and has a validity of 14 days
- 1GB: For $20, you get this package for 30 days
- 2.5GB: With a validity of 30 days, this plan costs $30.
- 5GB: This package costs $50 and it has a validity of 60 days.
NB: There are also add-on data plans that give you added data after your plan is consumed. There is the 500MB for $5 and 1GB for $10 both of which have no service days and get carried over after you have an active plan.
For you to be able to connect to the internet and receive MMS, you will need to have the APN set correctly on your phone. Normally, this should come automatically, but if yours is not automatically set, there are a number of ways that you can get the settings.
The first and easiest way of getting the settings is through Net 10’s website. All you need to do is to go to the APN page through this link. You will be provided a field to put in your phone number, serial number, or the last 15 digits of your SIM card. Once that is done, a VPN setting will be provided for you.
Another way that you can set your APN is to have it manually done. Note, however, that this will differ slightly based on what you are using. Here are the settings:
Net 10 AT&T APN: This is the setting for you if you are using AT&T
- Name: NET10
- APN: tfdata
- Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
- Port: 80
- Username: Not Set
- Password: Not Set
- Server: cingulargprs.com
- MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
- MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
- MMS Port: Not Set
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication type: Not Set
- APN type: Not Set
- APN protocol: IPv4
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Net 10 T-Mobile APN: If you are using T-Mobile, this is the setting you need:
- APN Name: net10
- APN: wap.tracfone
- Proxy: Leave it blank
- Port: 8080
- Username: Leave it blank
- Password: Leave it blank
- Server: Leave it blank
- MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
- MMS Proxy: 220.127.116.11
- MMS Port: 8080
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type: Leave it blank
- APN Type: default,mms,supl
- APN Protocol: Leave it blank
- APN Roaming Protocol: Leave it blank
- Bearer: Leave it blank
- MVNO Type: Leave it blank
Net10 Verizon APN: If you are using Verizon, this is the setting you need:
- APN Name: net10
- APN: TRACFONE.VZWENTP
- MMS Proxy:
- MMS Port:
- MCC: 311
- MNC: 480
- Authentication Type:
- APN Type: default,dun,supl
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- MVNO Type:
Net 10 Customer Service
One of the major complaints of users about Net 10 is not regarding the services they offer, but instead about their customer service. Nonetheless, you may be able to have your issues solved as well as inquiries on things like account settings, phone, and other similar issues.
There are many options when trying to contact the Net 10 customer support, but the most effective is through their website where you also have the option of chatting with an agent.
- Phone Number: 1-877-TEN-CENT (1-877-836-2368)
- Bring Your Own Phone Customers:1-855-333-CELL (2355)
- Home Phone Customers: 1-800-299-7280
- Hotspot or Bring Your Own Tablet Customers: 1-888-442-5107