Contrary to what you have probably come to believe, as much as 80 percent of traffic from smartphones in the U.S do not travel over the cellular network. Instead, they travel over Wi-Fi. This is one of the things that have made internet service providers such as Xfinity very popular.
Xfinity is an Internet Service provider which is a part of the Comcast Cable company. It delivers many services that it offers including its data plans and packages which have been placed among the fastest and most efficient that you can get in the already crowded ISP market.
in 2017, the service provider introduced the Xfinity Mobile which it introduced to provide wireless services to mobile phones. This WiFi service utilizes the 4G LTE network and also Comcast’s 16 million Wi-Fi hotspots in order to deliver a fast and reliable connection to phone users.
Beyond the efficiency and speed of the Wifi, it is also cheap and flexible with two different options; the pay-as-you-go option and the unlimited plan which can be set on up to five lines.
Plans and Data Usage
While the ISP has many data packages that are good, the Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan is probably one of the best plans for people who use too much data. With this plan, you get as much as a terabyte of internet data for each month. This plan will see you pay an additional $10 for each 50GB added to your account. Nonetheless, you will not exceed $200 each month even if you go above a terabyte. For the first two months, you exceed a terabyte, you will not be charged.
Interestingly, because this plan is for those who use up to a terabyte or even more, most other customers will not be affected by it. Here are other plans:
- Performance Pro: This plan is only for internet and it delivers a download speed of as much as 150 Mbps and it allows for access to millions of WiFi hotspots. It starts at $54.99 per month for the first 12 months.
- X1 Starter Double Play: This plan comes with both internet and TV services. At $79.99 per month for the first 12 months, you get internet download speed of up to 150 Mbps and access to many WiFi hotspots. Also, you have access to more than 140 digital channels.
- Starter XF Triple Play: With internet, voice, and TV packages, this starts at $89.99 each month for the first 12 months. Just like the other plans, it has a download speed of up to 150 Mbps. You have access to over 140 digital channels and unlimited national calls and text.
In addition to the above, there are also other internet standalone plans such as:
- Performance Starter: This has a download speed of 15 Mbps and an upload speed of 2 Mbps. It costs 29.99 for the first 12 months.
- Performance Plus: Costing $39.99 each month for the first 12 months, this plan offers a 60 Mbps download speed and 5 Mbps upload speed.
- Performance Pro: 150 Mbps download speed and 5 Mbps upload speed is what you get with this package that costs a monthly fee of $54.99 for the first 12 months.
- Blast! Pro: This plan comes with a download speed of 250 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps. It costs $69.99 each month for the first 12 months.
- Gigabit: 1,000 Mbps is the download speed of this plan while the upload speed is 35 Mbps. For the first 24 months, you will pay $70 monthly.
- Gigabit Pro: Requiring an agreement of 2 years, this gives a download and upload speed of 2,000 Mbps while charging $299.95 for the first 12 months.
Note: Based on your location, there is a possibility that your charges may be slightly different
Xfinity On Demand
Beyond the internet services, there is also the On Demand services which involve providing video-on-demand services to customers. Through this, you get to have access to programs based on your request rather than generally scheduled broadcast that is made to all subscribers to its cable services.
Among other things that this offers is the control you get over what programs you watch and what you pay for.
If you are using the X1 platform, here are the steps to follow:
- On your remote, press the Menu button which may also appear as Xfinity.
- From the Menu screen, select On Demand
- Use the arrow key and select OK. Now, you can navigate and find the program you want.
- Select either Buy or Watch. While the contents under Watch come free, those that are under Buy come witch charges.
- Confirm your choice and your program will start.
If you are using it from Comcast, here are the steps to follow:
- On your remote control, press “On Demand” button or simply tune to Channel 1 if instead of the remote you are using the set-up box.
- Simply navigate to the program you want and then press the “Select” or “OK” buttons. This will confirm your selection.
- Finally, choose either to “Watch” which is free, or “Buy” which will incur some charges.
See Also: Login To A Comcast Xfinity Router Modem By Following These Steps
Xfinity Email Login
Having set up your Xfinity account, you may decide to grant family members access to the account by creating a username for each of them. Here are the steps to take:
- Go to Xfinity and then sign into your account as a primary user.
- At the top of the page, click on the User tab and then select “Add a New User”
- Fill in the details of the new user you are adding under the “Add a New User”.
- State whether the User is under 12 or not. If the user is under 12, accept the Coppa Terms of Service and then agree to the Terms of service.
- Now, click on “Add User” and that will be it.
To log in to the email, here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to Xfinity’s website
2. Select “My account” or the mail icon at the top of the page.
3. Put in your details and simply click on “Sign In”
4. On your dashboard, you will see “Mail.” Click on it and you are done.
As an Internet user, you may sometimes need to contact the customer service for an issue or more. There are various options that you can choose from including visiting any Comcast location, calling the support centre, or via the online portal.