Headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas, Windstream Communications stands out as one of the biggest telecommunication services providers in rural communities in the United States. Founded in 2006, Windstream provides home phone service, digital TV services, and high-speed internet to its customers in these rural areas.
Being a customer-focused company, it enhances user experience and engagement and also provides a wide range of advanced phone systems, data services and IP-based voice to government agencies and businesses. So, whether you’re sharing selfies, shopping, or streaming your favorite shows, Windstream’s internet service is simply the best and the most reliable in its rank.
Windstream Email Settings (Android)
One of the easiest things to do on Windstream is to set up a Windstream.net email on the platform. Be it on an Apple mobile device or Android mobile device, it is very easy to navigate the email setup process. If you are an Android user, simply follow these steps;
- Go to your home screen, tap the Applications Tray and then the Email icon.
- Tap “Add Account.
- Input your Windstream.net password and email address in the password and Email Address spaces provided and tap Next
- For your email account type, choose IMAP
- For the Incoming Server Settings, put in (IMAP) mail.windstream.net (Port 143/465 with SSL) and tap Next
- Enter the Outgoing server settings as (SMTP) mail.windstream.net (Port 25/587 without SSL/465 with SSL)
- Place a checkmark in the account options of your choice and select Next.
- Input a name for your email account and then enter your name and tap Done.
- Your email account is now ready. You can comfortably receive and send emails.
Note: In server setting, your username must be your windstream.net email address while your password must be your windstream.net email password.
Windstream.net IMAP and SMTP Email Settings
Incoming Mail Server
Username: Your email address
Server port: 993
Account Type: IMAP
Server hostname: imap.windstream.net
Outgoing Mail Server
Username: Your email address
Server hostname: smtp.windstream.net
Server port: 465
Account Type: SMTP
How to Set up Windstream Email on iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone
- Tap on the Settings icon on your Home Screen.
- Click the Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Go to the Accounts section and tap Add Account.
- Select Other.
- Select Add Mail Account.
- Put in your email address, name, account description, and password, and tap Next.
- Select IMAP. If the IMAP button is missing on your device, simply move to the next step.
- For the Incoming Mail Server hostname, type in imap.windstream.net. Input your password and full email address in the provided spaces.
- For the Outgoing Mail Server hostname, type in smtp.windstream.net and enter your password and full email address in the designated spaces.
- Tap Next.
- You will receive an alert that says Verifying IMAP account information. Then tap Yes.
Once you tap yes, your mail setup is complete. You can now access your email by tapping on the Mail button on your Home screen.
How To Login
If you are new to Windstream Online, you will need to register your account on Windstream before logging in. To register, follow these steps:
- Go to windstreamonline.com, which is Windstream’s online login page.
- Move to the password and username entry section and click the “create my account” link.
- Input your PIN combination, billing zip code, and Windstream account number in the fields provided. If you do not have access to the invoice to locate the PIN, contact their customer support or you can click here for clarifications.
- Fill in your new password and username in the registration page.
- To complete your registration after submitting your information, go back to your email and follow the link in the new registration email captioned “Confirm Your Registration”. But if after clicking ‘submit’ in the registration screen and you don’t see any email from Windstream, kindly go through your spam folder for a message from Windstream.ContactUs@windstream.com.
- Upon completing the registration process, Windstream will send you another automated email captioned: “Welcome to Windstream Online!”. It will come along with further instruction on how best to utilize this resource.
- You can now access Windstream online by logging in directly using your password and username.
- You can get to the login by clicking windstreamonline.com
- Once you get to the login page, enter your username and password in the spaces provided for them
- Click the Sign In button
Note: If you have forgotten your username or password or both, indicate by clicking the ‘Forgot Username or Password?’ link and you will be directed on how to reset your password.
Windstream offers high-speed internet service plans to its customers in the United States as well as those living in rural areas. Each customer gets a maximum download speed of 1000Mbps with a price range from $35 up to $129.99. All connections to Windstream in the USA is done via VDSL, Fiber, and ADSL. Here are the internet plans offered by Windstream.
1. Standard Internet: The plan provides download speeds as fast as 15Mbps. It is ideal for people who enjoy checking their email often, reading the news, and shopping online. Households who have one or two devices that require an internet connection can benefit greatly from this plan as well.
2. Enhanced Internet: This plan provides enough download speeds as fast 25 Mbps. It is most suitable for people using the internet connection simultaneously on more than two devices, users who play games online and those who stream HD movies.
3. Premium Internet: The premium internet is not available in all the areas but small business and residential customers can still maximize Windstream’s fiber-optic network, which offers up to 100Mbps, although the network can only be obtained in 1,000 markets across 18 states.
Windstream Customer Service
Windstream customer service can be contacted through various channels which include Live Chat, Email, Facebook, Phone, and Twitter. For an instant response, the live chat platform is the most suitable and you can chat up with the company’s knowledgeable representatives from Monday to Friday at 8:00 PM – 6:00 PM and on Saturday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (ET). If your questions require much detail, then you need to send them across via email to Support@Windstream.net. For a phone call, contact Windstream on (800) 347-1991. On social media outlets, you can visit their Facebook and Twitter pages via @WindstreamConnects and @TalkToWindstream respectively for helpful tips and information.
How do I recover or reset my Windstream email password?
To begin this journey, you must first complete the security questions that are linked to your account. On Windstream, an inactive account is usually moved to ‘inactive status’ if the user fails to use it after 180 days. Accounts in this category are those without Webmail, and IMAP or POP activity. Once this is done, the client will not be able to access it until and he decides to resolve it. The process of sorting it out is quite easy. All you need to do is to put a call across to call support at 800-347-1991.
Note: Your username must have 3 to 30 letters and/or numbers. Secondly, your password must contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one number, and must be between 6-20 characters. On Windstream, passwords are case sensitive and therefore, cannot contain your last name, login name, first name, the word ‘Windstream’, or the word ‘Password’.
How do I reset my Windstream email password?
- Visit the link http://www.windstream.net
- Select ‘My Account & Support’ drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Manage My Account’.
- Put in your password and email address in the ‘Online Account Options’ button
- Click Login.
- Once you are successful, proceed to the link ‘Change User Names, Passwords, & Email Accounts’.
- Select the ‘I Forgot My Password’ link and follow the instructions.
How do I access my Windstream email?
- Launch the link www.windstream.net and open the email on the top right of the menu bar
- Or visit http://webmail.windstream.net/ to get directly to the email login screen.
Note: If you are using a smartphone, use an email application but if you are using a computer, use an email client.