Walmart is one of the most popular companies in the world, as well as the world’s largest company by revenue, that operates a long chain of hypermarkets and superstores. The American multinational retail company, which was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and is headquartered in the Bentonville, Arkansas, operates in 27 countries and has over 11,361 stores licensed under it as of 2019. Some of the different names Walmart operates under in different countries around the world outside the United States and Canada include Asda in the United Kingdom, Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, Seiyu Group in Japan, and Best Price in India. The retail giant has been able to thrive with its business in these various countries a wide range of customer-centric services one of which is the Walmart Care Plan.
The Walmart Care Plan goes a long way in ensuring that customers are satisfied with their purchase and also keep coming back to the store. Find out more about it here.
Walmart Care Plan – Review
Walmart care plan is a type of extended warranty, protection, or security that is offered by the company on its products to its customers. These plans vary from country to country as well as from product to product but have proven to be quite helpful when unexpected things happen.
Take, for example, you part away with a significant amount of money to purchase a new flat screen television and go through the excitement of having bought something you have always wanted. However, if a few weeks down the line the product develops a fault, not only do you lose your brand new TV, but also you are more likely to go through a mini-depression as your heart aches over the hundreds of dollars you have seemingly thrown down the drain, and that which you would still have to spend to get it working again, that is if the problem is fixable. This is where Walmart Care Plan steps in as it can help save the day and your wallet, offering you peace of mind knowing you are protected.
Other possible situations and occurrences that the Walmart Care Plan will protect you from include:
– Power Surge Damages: This damage cannot be foreseen as it happens whenever there is an increase in the electrical current that reaches a device. However, owners of equipment and devices that have electrical components and microprocessors such as computers, TVs, refrigerators, dishwashers, and washing machines can use the Walmart Care Plan to protect themselves.
– Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH): Walmart Care Plan offers coverage on portable electronics like laptops, tablets, and phones, from accidents that occur from dropping them.
– Wear and Tear: Depending on the plan in which you agree to sign up to, the Walmart Care Plan covers any normal wear and tear that comes about from using a product.
– Shipping: This means that you would not have to pay anything extra when shipping the item to a repair center. In some cases, the plan which you have can qualify you for in-house repair services.
– Above all things listed, the Walmart Care Plan gives Walmart Care Plan customers access to the Walmart Protection Plan Hub where they can easily manage and track all their plans, as well as file claims easily. Your plans are also automatically updated every time you purchase an item on the Walmart website with your login.
How To Register and Login to Walmart Care Plan
You can purchase a plan at checkout with your eligible item or add it within 30 days of the purchase of the product. There is also the option of you purchasing a plan for a gift you receive, as long as you know the purchase price and date. To go ahead to register for the Walmart Care Plans, go through the following steps;
1. Using an internet-enabled device with a reliable and very fast internet connection to avoid disconnection, launch your browser and visit the Walmart Care Plans website – www.walmartcareplan.com.
2. Click the green “Register a Plan” button in the middle of the page.
3. Provide all the requirements that are asked of you, such as your first name, second name, phone number, and email.
4. Provide a password of your choice for the account and click the green “Create Account” button. This will get you registered onto the website to get the product care plans. You can browse through them to get the best one.
It is straightforward to subsequently login into your account. All you need to do is to sign in to your Walmart account by providing your email address and password.
How To File a Claim (Phone Number)
In order to file a claim, there are a few things that you would have to make sure are with you before you proceed. They include the receipt of purchase as well as the item in which you would need to be covered. To go ahead and file a claim online, you would need to visit Walmart.com/protection.
NOTE: If you need any assistance in registering or making a claim for a Product Care Plan purchased before August 1, 2018, please call Walmart Product Care Plan Support at 1-877-968-6391. This phone number is only for product care plans purchased before August 1, 2018. For plans purchased after August 1, 2018, visit Walmart.com/protection for assistance.
In many cases, claims are approved instantly while others might require a specialist to guide you through the steps to take. When this is done, Walmart will either repair your item or send you a replacement or reimburse you for one, whichever it is the situation calls for.
More Questions On Walmart Care Plan
Does Walmart protection plan cover cracked TV screens?
A warranty will usually not cover cracked screens as repairing a screen can at times cost more than the television set itself. But with the plan, however, Walmart could take back the TV and provide a full refund.
Can Walmart look up warranty?
Yes. What you would need to do is call the Walmart hotline and provide the store location, the date of purchase, and the debit/credit card number of the card that carried out the purchase.