There are so many VPN (Virtual Private Network) providers in the competitive market right now and as you may know, VPNs are tools that allow users to safely access a private network and share data through public networks. Just like a firewall gives your data on your computer a maximum protection, so does a VPN protect it online. NordVPN is one of the most reliable VPN service providers that has been around since 2008 and has great features, good performance, and suits novices too. The software has a variety of applications for desktop apps such as Windows, macOS, and Linux, an application for Android TV, as well as mobile apps for Android and iOS. All these applications come with comprehensive guidelines for protocol connectivity and 40 other routers, RaspberryPi’s and mobile OS.
As of June 2018, NordVPN operates about five thousand servers in sixty-two countries. The largest number of these servers are located in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, the United States, France, Netherlands, and Australia. There are many reasons the software is hotly sought in the competitive market. One of them is that its VPN service is relatively cheap. In addition, NordVPN also allows its users to browse securely and anonymously and its virtual private network servers run with AES 256-bit encryption and OpenVPN tunneling protocol (double data protection).
Located in Panama, which is equally a safe VPN jurisdiction, NordVPN is being managed by Tefincom co S.A. Unlike some VPN providers, NordVPN doesn’t save logs, as it has strict no logging policy (which prohibits reporting or data storage) and vehemently denies third-party requests. However, they often keep an eye on data like payment data, email address, and service performance data.
As a mega VPN service provider with a lot of servers, NordVPN does a great job together with Torrenting and certain sites like Netflix. It has unique “P2P servers” that solely serve the purpose of keeping your torrenting activities private, safe, and very secure. They also have a prolific speed rate and do not leak users’ IP or DNS.
Lastly, they have a superlative customer support center, which can be contacted via live chat or [email protected] They are always available to answer your questions or give you technical assistance – from issues revolving around troubleshooting on a newly constructed rig, your router encryption and lots more.
Regardless of the aforementioned pros, NordPVN has one or two flaws, one of which is that it takes them 30 days to process your refund if you do not like the service whereas many VPNs offer instant refunds with a maximum 7-day period.
NordVPN Free Trial
The NordVPN free trial allows users to test the services available on the platform for over a period of three days. Interestingly, the 3-day free trial is available on any plan you choose. If you want to test NordVPN free trial free of charge for 3 days;
- Simply browse to their trial page.
- Type in your email address
- Click on “Get Free Trial.
- Activate the trial
- Choose a password to set up your NordVPN account.
Some of the basic features of NordVPN service benefit from within your 3-day free trial include but not limited to Double encryption, 24/7 Friendly support, Kill Switch, AES-256 encryption, Unlimited bandwidth, Anti DDoS servers, Onion Over VPN, and Connect 6 devices at the same time.
How To Download NordVPN
NordVPN features user-friendly applications for major operating systems such as Android, Windows, macOS, iOS · iPhone · iPad, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, Firefox. To download:
- Open the NordVPN downloads page or launch this link https://nordvpn.com/download/
- Click on Download.
- Go to your Downloads folder and click the NordVPN Setup.exe installation file you have downloaded twice.
- If a new window pops up, asking if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device, click Yes.
- If you are installing for the first time, you will see the OpenVPN TAP adapter installation. In the window, simply click Next, I Agree, Next, and Install.
- This will open the installer window.
- Click Install in the first screen and allow the installer to go on with the installation process.
- Once you complete the installation process, the NordVPN application will start, and also appear in a new window.
- When connecting for the first time, you may need to install a TAP driver. Click Allow if Windows asks if you wish to allow NordVPN to do the installation.
- To login, type in your NordVPN credentials in the NordVPN windows.
- Click Login now and you will have access to see the main screen of the application.
How to Use NordVPN (Mac Users)
A total of four devices can be connected to a NordVPN server at once and the connection will be through OpenVPN UDP, L2TP, OpenVPN TCP, and PPTP. Once you downloaded and installed your NordVPN Client, the next thing is to configure it. To do this on the Mac operating system, follow the undermentioned steps.
- Open NordVPN app.
- Log in using your account details or click here.
- Choose the server you want to connect to. To see the list of available servers, simply click on countries or click on the menu.
- Select the country name and NordVPN will link you to the VPN server. Thereafter, your IP will be veiled and you will be anonymous.
- It is good to select a server location that is close to your physical location.
- It is ideal to configure your smartphone to use VPN when you are configuring for the first time.
- You can also download a Firefox extension or Chrome extension and configure it.
- To improve your anonymity, you may need to use Duckduckgo for searching instead of Google search. This goes with or without VPN.
How To Use NordVPN (Android Users)
- Open your browser.
- Move to android configuration files.
- Download all files by selecting them one by one. You can as well install a full .ovpn configuration package which you need to unzip later.
- Migrate to the Google Play App store.
- Select the search button in the App store.
- Search for OpenVPN Connect app.
- Install it into your device.
- Accept to the pop-out terms.
- Open the application.
- Move to the top-right screen in the application page and tap on the menu button.
- Select Import in the drop-down menu.
- Select Import profile from SD card and look for the downloaded configuration files (you can find them in the downloads folder).
- Click on one of the configuration files and import it.
- Accept the profile.
- Repeat steps 9 to 13 and include other server configurations into the app.
- Pick a server by tapping on the box with a drop-down menu and selecting one server.
- Type in your NordVPN account details.
- Tap on Connect.
- Continue to connect without a certificate.
- You have now successfully connected.
How To Use NordVPN (iPhone)
- Browse to the App store with your iPhone/iPad.
- select Search.
- Type in openvpn connect in the search bar.
- Tap on Free button.
- Tap on Install.
- Sign in to iTunes store with your NordVPN account and tap OK.
- Download one or more of the .OVPN configuration files via https://nordvpn.com/ovpn after the successful installation.
- Choose Open in OpenVPN.
- Select the green plus button.
- If you want to add more servers to your app, repeat steps 7-9.
- Type in your NordVPN credentials and mark the password to be saved in keychain.
- Select the button to connect to VPN.
- You have now successfully connected.
How To Cancel NordVPN
- Open nordvpn.com
- Sign into your account using the details that you used to sign up to the platform.
- Move to the bottom of the accounts page and click on ‘cancel automatic payments’.
- Confirm that you wish to cancel the service. You will see a range of options why you want to cancel your automatic payments.
- After picking one, click Cancel.
- You will receive a notification telling you that the transaction is successful.
In marketing, promo codes or coupons are paramount to buying items with the lowest price online. They are also great tools for saving more money whenever purchases are made. With your coupon code, you can get price slashed by as much as 40% or even more.
Here are some of the best money-saving Nordvpn coupons.
APPLE30 – Use this code to get extra 30% off your purchase at Kohl’s, one of the best sellers of sporting goods, warranty and premium electronics products, beauty and fragrance items; Adidas, premium sunglasses, toy, and other stuff.
FNJ08W26B – This code will give 30% off your order at Fashion Nova.
BESTPRINT40 – For 40% off your prints, posters, and enlargements at Walgreens.
2018RMN28 – This coupon will give you 28% off your Purchase at Shutterfly.
THRCHR – With this code, be sure to get $10 off your $30+ purchase at Bath&Body Works.
PREMIER – For 20% off sitewide plus free shipping at West elm.
Is NordVPN Safe?
Generally, VPNs are both safe and unsafe depending on who is operating the server. The VPN may not be safe if the connection is not encrypted and the owner of the VPN logs your info/data. This could leave you exposed. However, if the operator of the VPN has an encrypted and secure connection and does not log at all, then it is very safe.
Irrespective of this, however, NordVPN, provides a CyberSec feature, which prevents users from entering popular malicious sites. This tool has proved to be very safe and working but if you need a safer protection, then you need to have a piece of antivirus software handy. Just combine the software with your NordVPN and you are one step away from enjoying a smooth ride.
Bonus: Apart from NordVPN, other VPN providers that offer safe service include VyprVPN, Hotspot Shield, TunnelBear, Windscribe VPN, KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, CyberGhost, and ZenMate.