I have come to find one problem with getting the best gaming headset under 50 dollars. That is the fact that it is very hard to get. This is because while there are many in the market, there are actually only a few that can live up to expectation.
With most cheap headsets, what they offer is good sound, and that is where it ends. Therefore, when you are looking for the best, you will have to look for great sound, of course, and other things including comfort, quality, and the microphone.
There is also nothing wrong with you looking for a piece that is aesthetically rich, but not above other things as mentioned above. Others may also want to go for on-the-ear or over-the-ear headsets. All these are based on preferences.
Best Gaming Headset Under 50 – Top 3 Reviewed
5 Best Gaming Headset Under 50
HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset
The HyperX cloud Stinger is always the first choice for many when looking for a sturdy, comfortable, and good performing headset under $50.
This wired lightweight headset has a lot to offer under the sleeves. It comes with a Swivel-to-mute microphone that delivers clear audio with a noise canceling technology, comfortable earcups that come with Memory foam padding, as well as 90-degree rotating ear cups.
For the audio performance of the headset, it comes with 50mm directional drivers that function rather greatly in giving good sound quality. For the price, it is really impressive to find a piece that will give you this much detailed and warm sound quality, with the bass production also being good.
Another thing with this on-ear set is that it doesn’t get to leak or allow much noise since it is not open back.
The headset has a good volume control that sits on headset ear cup, and a headband that comes with steel adjustability for different head sizes.
Finally, the set gives you a wide compatibility as it can be used on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, smartphones, and other mobile devices.
- It is very comfortable.
- The audio performance is great.
- Comes with good features.
- Good performing and noise-canceling microphone.
- On the price to performance level, this offers a lot.
- When the volume gets to the peak, you may not enjoy it.
- The microphone doesn’t come to last forever.
At the end of the day, this is the best gaming headset under 50 dollars as it comes with comfort and excellent performance for the price.
- Lightweight headset with 90-degree rotating ear cups.
- 50mm directional drivers for Audio precision.
Logitech G430 7.1 Gaming Headset
There are some things you never get to understand. One is how a headset in the class of the Logitech G430 7.1 gets to be sold at the price that this goes for. Easy to admit, it cannot change the world, but when you are on a budget, it will definitely not leave you as it met you.
One of the strongest things about the headset is the design it wears, which doesn’t betray the amazing designs that Logitech always offers.
It blends blue and black color schemes, well-padded earcups that do not have more rectangular than oval regular shapes, and inline control that you can use in adjusting the volume and muting the microphone.
With the performance, this will give a good run to many others in the same price range. The sound performance will generally get the job done most especially with its 7.1 surround-sound audio. Just don’t expect some miracles. With the microphone, however, this is where it offers a lot as the audio is very clear even though it doesn’t come with noise-canceling technology.
Above everything else, where this rules is when it comes to the comfort. Even though the design of the earcups is not regular, it is finely padded to give extra comfort just as the adjustable headband.
- Comes with comfort to beat.
- The design is great.
- Above the average performance.
- Comes with software that allows you tweak to your taste.
- Isn’t the one to last for ages.
When your eyes are on comfort above everything else, the Logitech G430 may just be your best gaming headset under 30 bucks. The good part is that it also offers good sound, microphone, and design.
- DTS Headphone: X and Dolby 7.1 surround sound: Experience an immersive 360-degree sound field that lets you hear what you can't see
- Built for comfort: Lightweight design and soft sport cloth ear cups with 90-degree swivel for maximum comfort and a personalized fit
Mpow Bluetooth Headphones
When it comes to budget wireless headsets for gaming, the Mpow Bluetooth Headphones is on the higher grounds. An over-the-ear set, it comes with both brains and beauty.
Without any serious efforts at being beautiful, the headset still comes with beauty as it wears a premium look. It has earmuffs that come well-padded with memory foam, and the adjustable headband is also with foam to give comfort.
The headset is designed with a battery capacity of 420mAh which should give between 13 to 15 hours of use. It makes use of Bluetooth Version 4.0 and also gives you the option of a wired connection. For charging, the headset makes use of a USB cable, but when using an audio cable to listen, the set will stay on.
To the audio reproduction, the headset is not only good for gaming, but also for music. The sound quality is not held back even on a wide variety of games and music.
With the microphone, however, you may not get the clearest output because the microphone is internal on the lower right cup. For powering, calls, play/pause, music selection, and volume control, they are all on the earcup.
- Portable and good storage.
- Great design and highly comfortable.
- The audio performance is very good.
- The Bluetooth connectivity is good.
- Battery life is generous.
- Advanced compatibility which includes PC, TV, Smartphones, and other Bluetooth compatible devices.
- Doesn’t have the best microphone as it only works on wireless mode.
If what you are looking for is a wireless headset, then your pick will have to be the Mpow Bluetooth Headphones. When it comes to wireless ones, this is the best headset under 50 dollars, and it performs greatly when it comes to audio.
- IMPRESSIVE SOUND QUALITY IS THE ULTIMATE GOAL & PLEASE NOTE: 1. This item is passive noise isolating, NOT active noise cancellation(ANC), it can't cancel the noise completely but it won't drain the battery and damage the sound. As an additional factor of sound quality, it is better than ANC. 2. The closed-back design provides immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip and 40mm driver together. If you care more about Noise Cancellation than Sound Quality, you may consider other alternatives.
- BUILT TO STAY COMFORTABLE: The Memory-protein ear cushion simulate human skin texture, ensuring lasting comfort. The stainless steel slider and softly padded headband allows you to find the perfect fit without constraint and provide excellent durability.
Razer Kraken Pro Gaming Headset
It wouldn’t be a bold statement to say every gamer or at least, real gamer knows Razer; it will only be a true statement. With massive gaming components, the company also has a handful of headsets that serve very well for gamers.
See Also: Best Audiophile Headphones Reviewed
For gamers on a budget, the company has given the Kraken Pro. The headset comes with the performance you would expect from a Razer piece (even though it is not Chroma), and very good audio reproduction.
An over-the-ear set, the Kraken Pro has a more strong that beautiful design, with the earcups decently padded and the headband also padded. You get in-line controls, while the microphone it comes with is retractable. The mute button of the microphone is placed on the microphone itself, and when you press it, a light comes up to let you know it is on mute.
The microphone has good performance, mainly because it is unidirectional, making the noise you get highly controlled. The sound from the speaker itself cannot be compared to others from Razer on the higher price, but on this range, it is very good. In fact, it is better than many you will get under $50.
The headset is compatible with PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- It is comfortable.
- Strong and relatively durable.
- The sound performance is good.
- Features good microphone.
- Not the lightest.
- There is distortion when the volume is high.
If you are looking for something that above many other things comes with good performance, comfort, and decent durability, this may just be your pick.
- The Razer Kraken USB, undisputedly the most popular eSports gaming headset platform is compatible with PC and PS4
- Everything from gunfire, to footsteps, voices, and even the wind in the trees can be heard with positional accuracy relative to your location in the game world
SADES A60 Gaming Headset
I will like to point out before anything else that the SADES A60 is a PC headset as it is not compatible with game consoles. You can use it, however, on any mobile device.
That noted, the set of headphones is one of the best when you have your eye on beauty and design. But more than this is the fact that it is in the A60 line which has affirmed its place as regards quality.
The headset comes with earcups that are more triangular than round. They are designed with very comfortable padding that is also used for the headband, ensuring that it will serve for long gaming sessions.
With the performance, both the speakers and the microphone deliver excellently. The microphone is very sensitive and it gives very clear recording. The set itself also offers a generous quality of sound that is able to cancel noise and ensure that you get it very good with hardly any distortion.
Overall, the headset is very strong and durable, and it should be able to survive a careless gamer. Just ensure not to sit on it.
- One of the best looking.
- Comfortable even for long gaming.
- Good microphone.
- The cord and in-line control are good.
- Only for PC gaming.
If you need something specifically for PC and Mac gaming, this is a good one. This is most especially if beauty, performance, and comfort are all the things you are looking for at an affordable price.
- HIGH MAGNETIC NDFEB DRIVER UNITS: Clear sound gaming headset, operating strong brass,acoustic positioning precision, you can feel the full force of an explosion, a grenade blast, or a brostep drop. PLUG & PLAY: No setup or installation necessary. The headphone is packaged ready for instant use and enjoyment.
- HIGH QUALITY MICROPHONE:The gaming mic in our sades headphone is high sensitive and durable.It's crystal clear and well-grounded so it doesn't crackle as you adjust it.
As earlier stated, getting the best gaming headset under 50 dollars may not be very easy, but it is possible. On this list, I have been able to collect the best not just in audio performance, but in many other things that separate the best from the rest such as comfort, durability, the realism of performance, and Microphone. I have also tried to pick different headphones including wireless ones, on-the-ear, and over-the-ear headsets, and also those that offer different unique things.