The only thing better than getting an FM transmitter is getting the Best FM transmitter. That is most especially for someone whose car comes with neither an auxiliary cable nor a USB port, and some people that may want better convenience.
A very essential device, a transmitter can change your experience in your car with music listening either on both FM and your portable Bluetooth device which could be your Smartphone or tablet. But more than that, it will also impact how you receive calls, and add general comfort to you. Considering the features a transmitter comes with, you can get many more things.
To get the best FM transmitter, there are things to consider such as good sound quality, good Bluetooth connectivity, hands free functionality, provision to have your phone charged, and ease of use. If you are able to get car locator, it will be a plus.
One of the biggest problems that FM transmitters have is frequency interference. Coupled with car ground loop noise, achieving a perfect audio reproduction may not be possible. Nevertheless, what differentiates a great FM transmitter from any other is that it is able to give a considerably good audio and sound reproduction.
Best FM Transmitter
Nulaxy KM20 Bluetooth FM Transmitter
Nulaxy is one of those manufacturers that have remained faithful to their arts. The company has always kept in touch with the major needs of FM transmitters with its newer devices.
The Nulaxy KM20 which is also referred to as the 2017 model is one of the newest in its collection, and the piece comes with good design, considering that it has a broad clean build, wide LCD display, and good controls.
The name of the song playing, name or number of a caller, and battery strength are some of the things the 1.44 inches LCD lets you know.
With a Bluetooth 3.0 technology, the Nulaxy KM20 has a very good connectivity and it generally has many features and capabilities.
There are 2 USB ports on the transmitter for phone charging and a flash drive, a Micro SD slot that takes up to 32 GB card, a TF card slot, and an auxiliary connection option. With these features, it becomes obvious that the KM20 is a piece that has great compatibility and wide usability.
You can either use the transmitter to listen to FM, naturally or songs that are in MP3 or WMA format.
The audio quality is amazing, warm, and loud. When making calls, the microphone also performs very well unlike many you will find out there. This is thanks to its noise cancellation technology.
- Powerful audio performance.
- It has a very broad compatibility.
- Has versatility.
- Clear display and good controls.
- Not the most solid on the list.
The Nulaxy KM20 may just be the best FM transmitter for someone looking for a piece that is very versatile and complete. A 2017 model, the transmitter has an intelligent technology to work with both smartphones and iPhone. It is likewise easy to use and with good design.
- 1. UPGRADED VERSION FROM BEST SELLER KM18 - Support MP3/WMA format songs in Normal/Shuffle/Repeat play modes while play TF Card or USB flash drive; hold phone button to sleep the device.
- 2. SUPER WIDE COMPATIBILITY - Nulaxy KM20 car fm transmitter Works with Bluetooth enabled devices, like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Tablet, Smartphones or MP3, MP4 Players via 3.5mm audio jack. It provides multi-solutions for hands-free phone calling with built-in microphone and in-car stereo streaming. KM20 supports TF/MicroSD Card in FAT format up to 32G; support A2DP; support AUX output and input.
VicTsing Bluetooth FM Transmitter
The VicTsing Bluetooth FM Transmitter is one of the most versatile transmitters out there. Without any efforts in designing it different from a few others, it still comes very great and easy to navigate.
To enhance the design is a broad LCD that displays the FM frequency you are tuned to, the name of song you are listening to, name of the person calling you, and the voltage of your car battery among other things.
Better than the design is the functionality of the transmitter. It has a voice prompt that lets you know when you are connected, and a microphone that allows you pick calls. With receiving and making calls, the microphone is very good even though it sometimes sounds somewhat muffled.
Looking at the music and FM sound quality, the VicTsing Bluetooth device gives a clear and warm reproduction, but it is not the loudest.
It has an auxiliary port and a port for TF card so that you get to play music from your TF card.
At the end of the day, with all that it offers, the device is still very easy to use and one with wide compatibility to include devices such as iPhone, Tablets, Samsung, Blackberry, Sony, and many other Bluetooth enabled devices.
- Good LCD screen
- Easy to use.
- Good voice prompt.
- Wide compatibility.
- Not the best microphone
- Not very loud.
It doesn’t matter whether you are new to FM transmitters or not, this is a highly needed piece in your car. This is because of the many functions it comes with as well as the convenience of use and simplicity.
- Wide Compatibility: VicTsing wireless in-car Bluetooth FM Transmitter is well compatible with most Bluetooth enabled devices, such as iPhone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Blackberry, Sony, Tablet and iPad etc.
- 1.44'' Large LCD Backlight Display Screen: 1.44 inches screen provides clear display: song name, incoming phone number and voltage of the car battery.
Nulaxy Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter
The Nulaxy Wireless In-Car Bluetooth transmitter is a futuristic looking piece that comes as big as it performs. The transmitter has a large LCD display that delivers different information including the number of anyone calling you if you connect it to your phone.
The design of the piece is easily great and the controls are placed conveniently.
Through the microphone it comes with, you will get to receive calls when you have your phone connected, and be able to stream live to the caller, even though it will not give you the clearest of calls possible. That is due to the distance and the fact that it picks background noise also.
To its connectivity, it is very easy to connect to your phone, and you can use either the Bluetooth, its two USB ports, or a 3.5mm audio jack. In essence, what this does is to ensure that you are able to have music played from almost any device.
I find myself loving this transmitter because of the range of features it comes with. These include a micoSD port that can read up to 32 GB card. Whether your songs are in MP3 or WMA formats, the Nulaxy Wireless In-Car Bluetooth transmitter will be able to play it without any problem.
Another great thing is with the sound quality you get with the transmitter. It is crystal clean and generously loud.
- It has a very wide compatibility
- Two USB ports
- Generous features.
- Hands-free talking support
- Good audio performance.
- It’s on the bigger side of transmitters.
If you can bear the size, there are a lot of other things to beat with this transmitter. Most importantly, it comes with a broad compatibility and excellent functionality.
- 1. BROAD COMPATIBILITY - Nulaxy KM18 car fm transmitter works with Bluetooth enabled devices, like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Tablet, Smartphones or MP3, MP4 Players via 3.5mm audio jack.
- 2. BIG LCD DISPLAY - Car battery voltage level will be detected and displayed on 1.44 inches LCD while the car starts; phone number for incoming calls & name of songs playing through TF Cards could be displayed as well (songs via Bluetooth will not display).
GOgroove FlexSMART X2 FM Transmitter
The GOgroove FlexSMART X2 is an easy to use transmitter that is great but not necessarily for someone looking to get bigger than life features.
A hands-free calling and FM transmitter, the piece comes with a USB and Bluetooth connection which allows for music to be played from your phone or allows you to get FM, just as it allows you pick your calls.
Because of how easy it is designed, the transmitter has straight to the point controls. The LCD is not as wide as you get with the VicTsing or Nulaxy, so it doesn’t give as much information as the two do. You also get powered USB if you need to have your phone charged.
The transmitter supports MP3 music formats and even though the audio sound is very crisp and clear, it is also loud. Just try not to get it too loud as you may get some distortion on the music when it’s all too loud.
At the end of the day, while most things seem to be great with the transmitter, it can sometimes get picky with the cars it works on.
- The sound quality and strength of the Audio is very good.
- It is flexible.
- Setting and use is very easy.
- It is not the cheapest.
- It neither gives caller ID nor voice commands.
The transmitter has both beauty and simplicity. It doesn’t offer as much as many others on the list but if you are looking for one that is easy to control, flexibility, and durability, this may just be your pick.
- ON-BOARD CONTROLS for easy accessibility includes Volume , Play Settings , Bluetooth pairing , Call buttons and 3.5mm aux connection so you can connect your favorite devices
- MULTIPOINT BLUEOOTH CONNECTIVITY pairs 2 devices simultaneously so you can take calls & stream audio from either! Trade off DJ'ing and have both your personal & business phones synced!
Aphaca Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter
One thing that is quite surprising is how the Aphaca Wireless Bluetooth FM Transmitter still manages to be a rather less known FM transmitter with the bulk of things it has to offer, and with its unique design.
The transmitter has a solid 4.2 Bluetooth which easily connects to your iPhone, Android, or any other Bluetooth enabled device.
A warm and crystal sound reproduction is what the transmitter has to offer, and it comes also as a hands-free device which means that you get to pick calls coming through your Bluetooth connected phone.
There is one problem with most other hands-free transmitters when you are answering calls and that is the noise the pick. To take care of this problem, it comes with the CVC technology which gives you noise cancellation and better general sound quality.
Car locator is another technology that is fashioned on the transmitter. This is possible thanks to the Fast Find Car App of the transmitter that works by saving the location of the car on the app immediately it is parked. It also adds the distance and directions to the place of parking on the app.
Finally, it has two USB ports for phone charging and to read U disk and USB flash drive. It also has a port for Micro SD cards of up to 32GB and it plays MP3 files.
- Unique design
- Powerful and great sound.
- Amazing car locator.
- It has good compatibility.
- It is not the easiest to use, so you may need some time to firmly understand it.
If you are looking for the one that acts great, but doesn’t have the looks of the regular, this is a good bargain. To top everything, you get good sound and microphone, as well as the safety of your car with the car locator.
- Broad compatibility : wireless in-car FM Transmitter works with most Bluetooth enabled devices, such as iPhone, Samsung, HTC, LG, Blackberry,Tablet and iPad etc.You can also insert U disk or micro SD card to play the MP3 file. FM 87.5-108.0MHz full channels covered.(for a better audio quality and avoid static interference, it is recommended to tune to vacant channel 106.0-108.0)
- Crystal sound quality : CVC Technology creates full duplex sound and noise cancellation technology, to grant most crystal sound quality. Please be noted, due to radio frequency interference and car ground loop noise, it is almost impossible for any transmitter to produce a perfect audio.
Motorola Roadster 2 FM Transmitter
Different from all others and definitely in a class of its own is the Motorola Roadster 2. It is not one of those that you can easily call a regular transmitter, as I will recommend it better for someone more interested in answering clean calls when driving than anything else.
Not to get it wrong, it still serves very much in FM transmission and giving you the option of music listening through its Bluetooth when you connect to your phone. With the FM performance, there is hardly a thing that separates what it gives from most others on the list.
You can use it to transmit songs from your smartphone to via the transmitter to your car radio and it will use the car speakers to play. Playing directly from the speaker of the transmitter is also great as it is both clear and loud, even though you will get some very little distortion when at the loudest.
One more thing that is exceptional about it is the GPS feature, which helps you find your car when you can’t remember where you parked it. That is through the Motorola Car Finder app that is available for Android.
Lastly, the design is simple and yet amazing. It doesn’t come with an LCD, just the speaker, and the buttons. Yes, the design is very solid also.
- Comes with good features.
- Clear phone calls
- The audio quality is very great
- It is a solid device.
- It has no LCD.
- The controls are not the best placed.
The Motorola Roadster 2 is very different from many others. Although it comes with good overall functionality, it is for someone looking for better calls when driving. If you have a huge appetite, I will recommend something else on the list.
- Package Includes:
- Motorola Roadster 2 Tz710 Bluetooth In-car Speakerphone
Getting the best is just one thing, and using it properly, is another. The good thing, however, is that using a transmitter is not the hardest of things to do. Just put on the Bluetooth on both your phone and the transmitter, and it will connect automatically.